I want your opinion... fashion blogger stereotype.

    These comments were posted anon on http://www.delightfully-tacky.com/ and I consider them quite hurtful for Elizabeth (who owns the blog).

    "I apologize if I don't consider being published in a book about something as superficial as clothing being positive in anyone's life. Show me how a one hundred dollar dress saved someone's life, kept them from losing their home, or kept an animal from being abused, and I'll rescind my comment. Otherwise, my point remains strong."

    "You're stupid if you think blogs like yours are making a difference in the world in any important way. Why not try helping people or animals that need help, instead of running around taking pictures of your newest little skirt and talking about how great it is because you have to pretend to love it since your sponsor sent it to you. Idiot."

     I think us bloggers need to stick together and change this stereotype as there is much more to blogging than showing what we have bought.A blog to me is about expressing yourself, showing your view and style. It is not about "look at how much money I have" like anon seems to think, its about showing creativity and that is a skill. Anyone can get matching clothes to a mannequin and call it fashion but a blog is our interest and our creativity. It is completetely irrelevant judging that because someone has a blog that they have no other interests. Music is on the radio, art is in galleries and fashion can be in blogs. Its about showing a talent and love for it not showing off.

    I applaud the people that choose to help others but its unfair to say that fashion bloggers don't care. It is a stereotype and a very bad one at that. Please share your thoughts on this. Keep on blogging!

    Aly xxx



    Source URL: http://icip2idayusof.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-want-your-opinion-fashion-blogger.html
    Visit Icip2idayusof for daily updated images of art collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive