Happy Memorial Day

    Finally, the Thanksgiving of the Spring/Summer season! I already took advantage of the opportunity on Thursday (when Bloomies had their Girls Night Out) and snatched this cardigan I've been eying for a long time at more than half price off. But in case you still haven't been out and about, here are a few of my favourite sales picks from online boutiques: I am loving the vibrant colors and the flirty ruffles on these dresses from Catherina Malandrino (left) and Julie Haus (right). They are the perfect summery party dresses!
    Something more classic, there are these two party picks from Cynthia Rowley (left) and Velvet (right). The thing about the Velvet dress though is that it might be more perfect for fall/winter, since they're long sleeved and black- even though black is perfect year round.
    Something more glam, I like this sequins top from Vanessa Bruno (left). It is simple, matte but still glam. And these gold heels from Kors is also great. The peep toe makes it summery and the heels are just right and not too thin for a night of dancing.
    In the daytime, we have this looks from Marc by Marc Jacobs (left). I love the retro preppiness of that block patterned polo. And I like how the shorts are tailored. Then there is this colorful top from Catherine Malandrino (right), which just looks super fun!
    I love this pink top from Foley + Corinnna. I have something similar in black, but this shade just looks so much more fun! And this Karen Zambos dress (right) is simply adorable. I can imagine someone walking along a beach/resort-like area wearing it. Oh and its patriotic too!
    Speaking of patriotic, so are these strappy sandals from Marc by Marc Jacobs (left). I've actually been eying these for some time too. I love the bright colors, the solid heels and the platform, which makes me think that they will be comfortable to walk in while still giving me height. They'd be perfect as my casual summer sandals for daily use. My concern is that the straps will hurt (they are thin after all) and since I've not seen it in real life, I fear it would not measure up to my expectations. And what if I get tired of them after a few weeks? They're not exactly the most "classic" style. Though it is 50% off now and the deal is actually quite good........

    Another fun platform to look at are these Chloe's (right). They actually look more comfortable, considering the thick straps and all.
    More casual shoes (both by Marc by MJ)! I have these red heels in white from last last season and thats why I'm loving the elegant peep toe style. They even seem to have improved the sole too! The material they used for the sole of the white heels last season was just not a good choice for summer shoes. Very absorbing and suffocating. Meh. (Though to solve that problem, you can always just add a pair of fragrant insoles in from Summer Soles ). Then there are these flip flops. Not sure if its worth getting Marc by MJ flip flops, but I saw a girl wear it in the elevator the other week, and the color is just great!

    Happy Memorial Day everyone!

    Image Source: Intermix Online and Shopbop
    Source URL: http://icip2idayusof.blogspot.com/2008/05/happy-memorial-day.html
    Visit Icip2idayusof for daily updated images of art collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive