New York F/W08 Fashion Week Wrapup II

    More New York. Nothing I love from the past two days, but just thoughts on the shows I usually notice:
    Narciso Rodriguez
    After liking his designs for the past few seasons, I finally know how to spell his name without referring to style.com! I know, not relevant. Anyways, Narciso's collection is cut gorgeously with a minimalism tone as usual:
    I always imagine Narciso's clothes would look so amazing for work. The cutting of the pencil skirts look perfect -not tight and sticky.
    There were a lot of criss-crosses of fabric strips in black, especially at the back of the dresses. And notice how even though the colours all look similar, many different types of winter fabric are used, adding so much texture to the clothes.
    I really like the dress in the middle -it's one of the few dresses here that doesn't look business style, but more pretty-girly style. If only I can afford Narciso's clothes...
    3.1 Phillip Lim
    I was kind of looking foward to Phillip Lim's show because even though I can't afford his clothes, they're always just so pretty and wearable to look at, online and in stores. But this collection looks a bit... old in an old-woman-ly way.
    Such as these outfits. Take the first outfit, it would probably look more modern if the length of the skirt was a bit shorter. And what is with that tan, suede jacket? It just seems too bohemian for that outfit. They even make the models look wider than they are.
    These three were the only outfits I thought were the only nice-3.1 outfits I was expecting. Hopefully we'll see a socialite or celebritiy in photos wearing that white dress (with the white flap lower so her face can be seen properly,) next season.
    Marchesa
    Like BCBG, I thought I wasn't going to write about Marchesa this time because the clothes are just too far off my reality radar, and I didn't quite love their last collection. But this collection is simply too exquisite to ignore.
    I love the first outfit. It's top is so cool -a tuxedo-top. And the mini-dresses! Gosh, look at all those intricate ruffles and rolled up fabric flowers!
    These dresses are more structured. The red one reminds me a bit of Balenciaga, but looks more feminine. The first two -all the feathers and flowers are simply too pretty and delicate. I wonder where people wear these to.
    And of course, Marchesa isn't Marchesa without long gowns. Maybe I liked this collection more because there was less long gowns. It's not that I don't like long gowns -I do, because they are beautiful, but they're more red-carpet and too far off reality for me. All we can do is ooh and ahh at Marchesa's creations.
    Thoughts on the NY collections so far?
    Image credit: www.style.com
    Source URL: http://icip2idayusof.blogspot.com/2008/02/new-york-fw08-fashion-week-wrapup-ii.html
    Visit Icip2idayusof for daily updated images of art collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive