Milan F/W 08 Fashion Week Wrap Up I

    Alberta Ferretti
    Usually I just skim pass Alerta Ferretti, because the styles are always so similar. Very delicate, feminine and girly.
    But this time, when I glanced at the first shots, I was surprised to find them to be Jill Sander-esque minimalistic! Albeit in a more styled and flattering way. The jeweled tones of blue and green were also refreshing to see on a FW runway.
    On the other extreme, they also have printed dresses fashioned in a more flowing and draping material, reminiscent of the past seasons.
    Example of the two extremes. The flowy, girly, delicate design and the more structured prim look. I want them both!
    The cocktail dresses were a pleasant mixture of the more structured elements and the more feminine styles i.e. flowing pleated skirts.
    I thought there was more variety in the evening wear as well. For example, this one on the left looks like they hired Laure Bennet from Project Runway to do it. I'm not much for feathers, but this is not too bad. The one on the right on the other hand is more structured and somehow reminds me a little of the pieces Zac Posen did a few seasons back. Still, very gorgeous and elegant.

    Burberry Prorsum
    This season, Bailey definitely went for a different direction. This collection is more fun, wearable and relaxed- and I LOVE it.
    Don't you just love these chilled, wearable yet incredibly stylish looks?
    The big overcoat is genius. And those huge chunky jeweled necklaces are TO DIE FOR. I bet they are going to be sold out, HUGE hits next season.
    A little reminiscent of the cute shift dresses from last season. These are adorable.
    The subtly vibrant hues are gorgeous. Though I'm not too sure what to make of what I THINK is the scarf detail....
    LOVE LOVE LOVE gold dress here. I'm positive we will be seeing a LOT of celebs wearing this soon enough! And as for the feathered confection on the right....she looks like a bird. No matter how they put it, feather is simply NOT my thing!

    Image Source: Elle
    Source URL: http://icip2idayusof.blogspot.com/2008/02/milan-fw-08-fashion-week-wrap-up-i.html
    Visit Icip2idayusof for daily updated images of art collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive